- All Programs run every Thursday from September (after Labor Day) through the last Thursday of May. And we will be closed for two weeks for Christmas/Winter break, and for one week for Spring break.
- Community Learning runs every Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm. To see details for each age group, see below (scroll down).
- Parent Participation: All parents/families must be willing to lead a lesson, or support community learning in some way. Please offer your suggestions and we will consider your proposal. We would like two parents to co-teach each lesson in case of illness, and to provide support and assistance to one another.
- Lunch: Families are welcome to stay for lunch. We will meet at Lancaster Park from noon to 1 pm weather permitting.
- Field Trips: We would like to go on field trips and community outings as much as our schedule allows. These will fall on various weekdays due to organized homeschool days held at historical sites (like Mt. Vernon). Field trips will be announced as far in advance as possible. Parents must be able to attend.
- Class size: class sizes are expected to be between 6 and 8 children as space allows.
- Space: we have 2 classrooms. all children will meet in the back classrooms to the right and left of the bathrooms. All children will use the restrooms available to all customers.
- Student Leaders: We encourage children to instruct one another as well as younger children as appropriate, and we also set aside time for child directed classes.
- Homework: Homework may be assigned to the older children as necessary, especially research and writing.
- Group meetings: We invite all participating families and guests to join us the first Thursday of each month for a lunch meeting from noon to 1 pm, children are welcome to be come along.
- Birthdays: we are happy to celebrate a birthday during the lunch hour. Please let us know if you would like to bring a snack to share.
- Our teachers are you! All families are asked to assist in leading or helping with classes each week.
- There are no fees for RAD Learning Lab. There may be fees for field trips for certain locations, or a small fee for classes as materials are needed.
- Pre-K – 9 to 10 am – Projects chosen and led by parents
- 9 am to noon – Projects chosen and led by parents
MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL SCHEDULE
- 9 to 10:00 am – Community Spanish
- 10:15 to 10:30 am – Break
- 10:30 to 11:15 am – Writing and Language Arts
- 11:15 to noon – Big History
- noon to 1:00 pm – lunch
- 1:00 to 2:00 pm – STEAM Projects
- Participation is optional and parents must attend. We will eat lunch at the shop or at Lancaster Park (weather permitting). Feel free to join in from noon to 1 pm.
- 9 to 10 am every Thursday.
- Our Community Spanish Program allows children (elementary and up) and adults to learn basic Spanish language skills through conversation. We will also invite guest speakers from Latin American cultures to share information about their native country and culture. We will meet in the large room on the right after you enter the front door.